If you have been injured in an accident at work there are three important things you should do:
- Take immediate steps to report the accident to your employer or manager.
- Keep detailed notes of the accident and the circumstances that lead to the accident.
- Take full details including names and addresses, contact numbers of any witnesses to the accident.
Photographs of the scene of the accident and offending objects, if any, are always helpful.
If you have suffered a work place accident you should immediately:
- Report the accident as set out above.
- Once you have had the opportunity to enquire, ensure an accident report is completed and ask for a copy of it.
- Seek medical attention immediately.
Do not discuss the circumstances of the accident with your employer or any of its or his/her representatives or their Insurance Company without your Solicitor being with you. Contact Carter Anhold Solicitors in Sligo and Dublin on 071-9162211.
In Ireland the time limits applicable to work place liability claims are extremely prohibitive, so if you have any concerns in this area, it is important that you act immediately.
If you have any concerns or queries in relation to the issues raised above then you should contact us :