DATA PROTECTION SOLICITORS
General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR)
Any service provider that retains, holds, or processes personal data in relation to its clients need to be very aware of the general data protection regulations which came into place on the 28 May 2018.
The requirements placed on the processing of personal data have now been considerably expanded, and a very serious level of potential fines linked to turnover of your company could see greater exposure for your company or business.
Some of the key requirements under the new general Data Protection Regulations are as follows:
- Personal Data – There is an extended definition of personal data which includes direct and indirect identification of the data subject.
- Accountability – There is a new mandatory accountability culture requiring privacy management activities and record keeping with enforcement policies.
- Expanded Personal Privacy Rights – There are additional rights of access to personal data by data subjects, additional rights in relation to notice, consent, portability and profiling.
- Data Protection Officer – In certain circumstances there is a requirement by a company or business for an assigned and empowered Data Protection Officer with the role and responsibility of compliance with the data protection regulations in relation to data subjects.
- Breach Notification Applications – If a breach occurs within your business or company there is a requirement on you to notify the Data Protection Commissioner within 72 hours of identification.
- Privacy Impact Assessments – These will be required as part of your in-house practices and policies. This will require regular testing, assessment, a valuation of effectiveness of technical and organisational measures.
- Cross Border Transfer – There will be requirements to know all your data processors that are handling personal data within the E.U. Also with the advent of Brexit, data transferred outside this jurisdiction to the jurisdiction of Northern Ireland or Britain may have very specific requirements.
- Privacy by Design and Default – You will be required to have embedded privacy related technical and organisational measures in place in order to deal with data protection compliance.
GET IN TOUCH WITH CARTER ANHOLD DATA PROTECTION SOLICITORS TODAY.
FILL IN THE ENQUIRY FORM AND ONE OF OUR SOLICITORS WILL BE IN CONTACT WITH YOU WITHIN 3 HOURS OR LESS.
A WORD FROM OUR CLIENTS …
Carter Anhold & Co took on my medical negligence case and I couldn’t be happier with the outcome of the matter. Donnacha negotiated a great settlement on my behalf and I would like to thank him and the staff at Carter Anhold for their hard work, professionalism and the delicacy with which they handled this very sensitive matter.
I highly recommend Donnacha and Carter Anhold. They are a hard working, patient and professional team as well as being experts in Family Law. After a negative experience before Carter Anhold, I decided that hiring a private solicitor was in my best interests.
When our loan was bought over, it was an extremely difficult and worrying time for us. We would like to thank Donnacha Anhold, Caroline Mc Keown and all the team at Carter Anhold & Co for bringing the matter to a successful conclusion and for the highly professional manner in which they did so .We would highly recommend Carter Anhold & Co.,Solicitors.
Carter Anhold & Co., Solicitors recently acted for me in relation to a High Court action with Allied Irish Banks plc wherein my family home was at risk of being taken from me. This of course was an extremely distressing and unsettling time but thankfully the matter has now concluded and I would like to express my appreciation to my Solicitors for the efficient and indeed professional manner in which my affairs were dealt with. The level of detail looked at on all issues of my case was impressive to say the least, and I owe the success and victory of my case to your dedication and perseverance.
Carter Anhold & Co., Solicitors Sligo & Dublin successfully secured the setting aside of a very serious Judgment that a former bank incorrectly registered against me, where the consequences of this would have been very serious for me and my family. I would like to thank Carter Anhold & Co., Solicitors in Sligo & Dublin for their expert legal assistance on the matter and I would have no hesitation in recommending them to anybody in a similar situation.
Sincere thanks to Carter Anhold & Co., Solicitors for representing me in my recent High Court action relating to an Equine Partnership Dissolution and for successfully securing a Settlement of €75,000.00 on my behalf.Their professionalism and vast experience in dealing with equestrian related cases is exceptional.I was expertly advised every step of the way. Thrilled with the outcome, and would highly recommend Carter Anhold & Co.,Solicitors.
Carter Anhold & Co., Defamation Solicitors in Sligo acted for me in a very serious and damaging Defamation Case that brought me a lot of embarrassment and worry at the time. I am very thankful to Carter Anhold & Co., Defamation Solicitors for the very professional manner in which they achieved the settlement of my defamation case which meant I did not have to go through the full Court process.A very sensitive and harrowing matter for me was dealt in a very comforting, careful and professional way and I thank everyone at Carter Anhold & Co., Defamation Solicitors in Sligo and Dublin for always being there when I needed their help, for keeping me updated and informing me at all times in bringing my matter to a successful conclusion.
Carter Anhold & Co. Employment Solicitors Sligo dealt with an Employment Law matter for me whereby my employer had failed to pay me my correct wages under a Contract of Employment, and in circumstances whereby I needed legal assistance to compel my former employer to eventually pay me what was due to me. Carter Anhold & Co. Employment Solicitors in Sligo helped me to avail of the correct Employment Law complaint procedures to ensure proper payment to me by my former state body employer. I would like to thank Carter Anhold & Co. Employment Solicitors and all their staff for their help, assistance and for the very attentive and prompt way in which they helped to bring my matter to a successful conclusion.